WCU Student Housing – 534 S. High St, West Chester PA
This nine-unit, newly renovated property is located at the corner of Sharpless Street and High Street, immediately adjacent to WCU’s campus and within easy walking distance to West Chester’s downtown area. The floor plans offered at 534 South High Street range from efficiency units, singles as well as four bedroom units, all equipped with a full kitchen area and living room.
WCU Housing, LLC is a privately held company, family owned and operated by a WCU alumni. The property is 100% student occupied.
All leases are paid monthly with a 12 month term (Aug 1 to July 17th). Students and parents will both sign leases at the start of each leasing season, which typically starts in Sept. of the prior year. Rent payments are handled online via web or mobile app through the secure payment portal powered by place payments.
Rates for 2023-2024 (Monthly)
- (Leased) Unit 1 – 1 Student 1 Non-Student/ 2 BR – $1,700
- (Leased) Unit 2 – 1 Student / 1 BR – $1,585
- (Leased) Unit 3 – 4 Student / 4 BR – $4,800
- (Leased) Unit 4 – 1 Student / 1 BR – $1,585
- (Leased) Unit 5 – 1 Student / 1 BR – $1,685
- (Leased) Unit 6 -4 Student / 2 BR – $3,800
- (Leased) Unit 7 – 1 Student / Studio- $1,400
- (Leased) Unit 8 – 1 Student / 1 BR – $1,585
- (Leased) Unit 9 – 1 Student / 1 BR – $1,585
- Heat, HW, Electric (Tenant Pays, budget $60 per person/month)
- High Speed Internet (Wifi Access Point Included in Each Unit)
- Water, Sewer, Trash (Tenant Pays $45/month/person)
- Laundry (Tenant Pays $10/month/person)
- Cable TV (Optional – Tenant Pays Comcast)
- Taxes and Licenses (Landlord)
- Leasing season runs from Sept-Dec for the following Fall Semester.
- Students and parents typically apply and submit deposit within 5 days from initial contact. Units don’t stay on market very long.
- Singles – (Units 1,2,4,5,7,8,9) Most / All units will typically be rented by Oct/Nov.
- Quads – (Units 3,6) The quads often take a bit longer to lease due to students locating their group, but still lease by Nov/Dec.
- Note – many of our students start Soph. year and stay for 3 years on average. Overall building demand is very high due to location, quality and available units per year.
534 S. High St is a highly visible property, formerly owned by WCU for overseas faculty. Now privately owned, the building continues to provide safe, affordable premium apartments to the WCU community. Historically we have rented to 100% WCU undergrad students, occasionally renting to grad students or WCU students entering the local WC workforce post graduation. Please see links below for details on each individual apartment.